We are expecting to see sesame soon become the 9th major food allergen in the United States. While this has been on the FDA’s radar for quite some time, recent legislative pushes have put it back on the top of their list.
Here is what our team is doing to prepare:
- We will be updating our database to account for the additional allergen marking. Our tentative date for having sesame listed on reports is August 1, 2020.
- Our team will work to update all products in our system, which will take about 6 months, depending on manufacturer responsiveness.
- Throughout the rest of the year, we will be updating our course content and customer-facing documents to include sesame.
- We will begin the rollout of the new content within 30 days of the FDA adopting and enacting the addition of sesame.
Kitchens with Confidence
- We are able to rollout sesame as a “Certified Free From” allergen, as soon as manufacturers for each individual account have the necessary documentation is available.
- The updated CFF seal is ready for our clients to use.
While we don’t have a date for when sesame might be added as a mandatory allergen, we are watching this very closely. We’ll let you know as soon as we learn more. Our team is fully ready to implement our rollout as soon as we need to. Stay tuned!